Do any of these sound familiar?
· You’ve slept all night, but you still don’t feel rested when you wake up in the morning.
· Your spouse wakes you up because you are snoring-again.
· You wake up with a headache-again.
· You “snort” yourself awake, sometimes several times a night.
· You fall asleep in the middle of a business meeting or a movie.
· You feel drowsy while driving, especially at night.
If any of these sound familiar to you, you may be suffering from a serious health problem called obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA. OSA is a condition where you stop breathing periodically while sleeping. OSA is one of the most common sleep disorders and can be one of the most serious. OSA has been shown to cause high blood pressure, strokes, and heart attacks, diabetes, arrhythmias, mental confusion and irritability. A recent study has shown that it can even shorten your life!